Reminder for students and parents
Ottawa Public Health will be holding an immunization clinic at the school on .
These vaccines are publicly-funded, and available at no cost to you.
Your child received a vaccine consent form from Ottawa Public Health. Your child needs to return the signed consent form(s) at the school immunization clinic in order to receive the vaccines.
Students in grade 7 will be able to receive the following vaccines :
· hepatitis B
· meningococcal disease
· human papillomavirus (HPV)
All female students in grade 8, will be able to receive the following vaccine :
· the human papillomavirus (HPV)
You are encouraged to talk with your child about the vaccines; and ideally both you and your child should sign the consent form.
On the day of the school clinic, remind your child to:
· Eat a good breakfast.
· Bring an extra juice or a snack to school.
· Wear short sleeves or a loose shirt so that his or her upper arm is exposed easily, without undressing.
· Bring the signed consent form with them to the school clinic
If you have any questions, please call the Ottawa Public Health at 613-580-6744 and ask to speak to a public health nurse.